WE MUST ALL TAKE OWNERSHIP OF THE FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Our beloved fatherland, Nigeria, is in a critical state in her effort to contain and win the war against COVID-19 epidemic.
The available statistics on the confirmed and not yet confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Nigeria is not an exciting one.
To defeat this monster therefore, all hands must be on deck.
The following measure must be followed religiously so as to contain the further spread and win the war against COVID-19
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap for at least 20 seconds before and after you touch anyone.
- Practice social distancing. COVID-19 loves and thrives in crowded places
- Stay away from large crowds.
• Isolate yourself for at least 14-day if you are feeling sick.
- To contain the further spread of this virus, stop shaking hands, touching, hugging, kissing, etc
- Carry alcoholic based hand sanitizers.
- Teach yourself and your children to stop touching their faces. The virus enters through mouth, nose and eyes.
- Disinfect every surface in the home that comes in contact with outsiders.
- Avoid close contacts with anyone that sneezes or coughs regularly.
- Be wary of carrying any unnecessary passengers in your car at this time, whether friends or family.
- Remember, to disinfect door handles and surfaces, especially if you have an essential visitor.
- Avoid all social gatherings, including churches, mosques, parties, weddings, funerals, drinking naming and so on at this time.
- If you have elderly people in your family, properly educate them about the virus and encourage them to stay at home as if their life depends on it, because it very well does. Available statistics shows that elderly people are the worst hit as it relates to the virus.
- And if by any chance, you notice anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19, kindly alert the NCDC through their toll-free hotline number: 08000CORONA
As a responsible organization, we have adopted the above listed measures and we encourage you and your organization to do same.
We are all in this together. If we do not take ownership of the fight of this pandemic as citizens of this great country, our inaction may eventually cause us more pain than we can bear. God forbid.
Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin
President, Women Arise